20 Aug Benefits of a Laser Carbon Peel
The internet and social media have thrust the beauty industry into the spotlight in the past few decades. Everyone wants eyelash extensions, acrylic nails, hair extensions, and the best and latest cosmetic products. This also means that enthusiasts research and discover more skincare treatments to achieve the ‘perfect’ skin.
While perfect skin is a myth, there are ways you can repair skin damage such as acne scarring, hyper-pigmentation, and discoloration in your skin. These skin care treatments can help you feel more confident and more secure in how you look.
If you know your way around the beauty industry, you’re probably familiar with the term “China Doll Facial.” If you don’t know, it refers to Laser Carbon Peels. This cosmetic procedure uses laser technology to exfoliate the skin to achieve a more radiant and even look to the skin.
Sounds interesting, right? Before we get into the benefits of a skincare treatment like this, let’s talk about some basics!
What is a Laser Carbon Peel?
Laser Carbon Peel is a resurfacing skincare treatment that uses a laser to remove dead skin and build-up on the surface of your skin. The laser penetrates the skin and stimulates collagen production.
Collagen is a protein that gives your skin elasticity and makes it look younger and plumper; this will help your skin heal from scarring. The deep exfoliation helps get rid of dead skin cells and kickstart the process of new, healthy skin cells forming, significantly reducing scarring and pigmentation.
How Does it Work?
To get a Laser Carbon Peel in Ajax, you should book a consultation and appointment with an esthetician. You can locate estheticians at your local med spa or beauty spa in Ajax. Here’s a quick breakdown of the skincare procedure itself.
A Laser Carbon Peel takes around 30 minutes to complete. Here is a general overview of the procedure:
- Liquid carbon is applied to your skin. Carbon will absorb impurities such as dirt and sebum from your face. The liquid carbon takes 8-10 minutes to dry completely.
- After the carbon is dry, protective shields will be used to cover your eyes.
- The carbon will be heated up to bind to your skin and stimulate collagen production. Once warmed, the carbon will be broken down with the laser, deeply exfoliating your skin to provide a youthful glow!
- After your Laser Carbon Peel in Ajax,a thick moisturizer and sunblock will be applied t your face to prevent it from becoming sensitive.
- Aftercare is key to a successful procedure. It’s to avoid physical and chemical exfoliation for a week after.
The Benefits of a Laser Carbon Peel
Here are some of the best benefits of a laser carbon peel.
- Skin brightening
- Skin resurfacing; the exfoliation brings out healthier skin cells
- Skin looks plumper
- Reduces acne scarring
- Collagen production helps prevent fine lines and wrinkles
- The exfoliation helps with hyperpigmentation
- Minimize pores
The procedure has many more benefits; however, you may experience some temporary side effects after getting it done.
Side Effects of a Laser Carbon Peel
- Sensitive skin
- Skin feeling tight and dry
- Skin flaking
- Increased risk of a sunburn
Don’t worry if you experience any of these; it’s perfectly normal. Keep applying moisturizer and sunscreen to keep your skin hydrated and protected from the harsh rays of the sun!
Laser Carbon Peel in Ajax
Laser Carbon Peel is becoming a popular skincare treatment worldwide due to its vast range of benefits for your skin. If you’ve been curious about trying this procedure out, we hope this article helped clear up some of your questions.