20 Sep Benefits of IPL Treatment
The great thing about the beauty and cosmetic industry is that there’s always a solution!
Cosmetic procedures have evolved so much over the past few decades that things like acne scarring, hyper-pigmentation, bumps, and wrinkles all have combative procedures that help your skin bounce back.
Ageing, acne scarring, pigmentation, skin irregularities are natural; let’s get that out of the way. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with them, and if you’re happy with your skin, good for you.
However, some people aren’t. Ageing, skin scarring, rosacea and other skin conditions can be detrimental to one’s self-esteem. Skin rejuvenation procedures like IPL treatments can remedy signs of ageing, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation, significantly boosting self-esteem.
One of the best and most effective procedures for skin rejuvenation is IPL. For those of you that are hearing this term for the first time, here’s a little breakdown of what it is and how it works!
What is an IPL Treatment?
Intense Pulsed Light Treatment or IPL treatment is a skin procedure that works to combat the signs of ageing and treat some other skin conditions. Skin rejuvenation treatments primarily help the skin look younger, but they also help treat damaged skin, whether it’s because of acne or the sun or some trauma. IPL treatments also manage the symptoms of skin conditions such as rosacea.
How Does IPL Treatment Work
An IPL treatment works using light energy; the rays get rid of damaged skin cells, resurfacing new, healthy cells. IPL uses white light to target different colours in your skin. The light only targets damaged tissue without harming healthy tissue. Because they use light, IPL treatments are also called photo facials.
You may be thinking, “is it like laser therapy?” and the answer is no, it actually might be better. Since IPL treatment in Ajax uses different wavelengths of light energy, it can target various issues in your skin. The blasts of light heat the skin below the surface and stimulate the production of new cells. Collagen is a protein that makes our skin elastic and firm.
Although our skin is constantly producing and reproducing collagen, it’s a slower process. When the IPL light hits your skin, it stimulates faster collagen production, resulting in skin rejuvenation. Since it resurfaces new skin, it can make you look younger.
These are some other skin issues that IPL treatments in Ajax can remedy:
- Unwanted hair
- Skin discoloration
- Liver spots
- Age spots
- Dark spots
- Broken blood vessels
- Stretch marks
- Spider veins
Laser skin rejuvenation in Ajax targets a wide range of skin issues. In terms of skincare treatments, it’s one of the gentler ones. It’s not invasive, and the recovery time is very little compared to laser treatments.
However, before you rush to your nearest medical spa service in Ajax, we would strongly advise you to have a detailed conversation with your aesthetician or physician about the treatments before getting them done.
Benefits of IPL Treatments
If you’re considering getting IPL treatments from a beauty spa in Ajax, let’s talk about some of their key benefits.
- Resurfaces skin
- Speeds up collagen production
- Treats skin redness left by rosacea or broken blood vessels
- Combats signs of ageing by targeting fine lines and wrinkles
- It’s cheaper than laser treatments or botox!
- Long-term results; unlike simple facials, IPL treatments have proven long-term results for your skin.
- It goes well with other skincare treatments like chemical peels or microdermabrasion. Since IPL treatments don’t require any rest for your skin, you can pair them with other skin procedures.
- It’s painless! Since IPL treatments use light, you’re not going to feel a thing.
- IPL treatments are quick; each session takes about 30 minutes and can even be as short as 15 minutes. Therefore, it’s easy to take time out for them instead of clearing out a large chunk of your day for some self-care.
- Combats acne; IPL treatments have been shown to significantly help large pores and inflammation caused by acne.
IPL in Ajax
IPL is a gentle solution with a wide range of long-term benefits for numerous skin problems. Ajax’s skincare services will typically give you up to 6 treatments spread out over a few months for the best results. So if you’re in the mood for a bit of self-care that helps you feel better about your skin, we would recommend trying IPL treatments out.