20 Sep Botox vs Fillers
Both botox and fillers can help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, among other cosmetic concerns. Many people use medical treatments to enhance their appearance, and both botox and fillers have become one of the most popular options.
If you are curious about the difference between Botox and fillers before your next visit to a beauty spa in Ajax, let’s look at both more closely. Understanding the purpose of each treatment will help you make the best decision for yourself.
The difference between Botox and Fillers
Botox is an injectable medication used to reduce muscle tension and wrinkles, while filler injections improve facial wrinkles and folds.
Fillers are typically used to fill in areas that are drooping or sagging and can be used in combination with Botox to achieve the best results for aging skin. But there’s more to fillers than Botox, so let’s see how both of them work individually.
How does Botox work?
Botox is a toxin derived from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Botox can be used to treat various conditions, including wrinkles and other forms of facial expression. The anesthetic works by temporarily paralyzing the muscles.
Botox is an FDA-approved treatment to smooth out facial wrinkles, such as crow’s feet around your eyes, forehead, and laugh lines. Other benefits include:
- Botox injections can help reduce excessive sweating in your underarms. Many people find this solution unorthodox, but it is a viable solution slowly gaining popularity.
- Botox into specific muscles can help reduce migraine tension and pain.
- It may help control uncontrolled urination, such as urinary incontinence.
- Cervical dystonia is a chronic disorder of the muscles in the neck and shoulder. Botox therapy is an effective treatment for cervical dystonia.
How do Fillers work?
Fillers are substances injected into the skin to cover wrinkles, lines, and scars. Many types of fillers are available on the market, each with its unique benefits and drawbacks.
The most common fillers used to improve appearance are composed of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance found in the body. This substance provides volume and fullness, which can help improve the face’s appearance. Applications of fillers in today’s cosmetic industry include:
- Lip fillers – Many people use fillers to make their lips fuller and more voluptuous.
- Contouring – If you have lost volume in your face due to aging, fillers may be an excellent option to restore some of that lost volume.
- Remove effects of aging – Smoothing out wrinkles and lines can be done with fillers, providing a more youthful appearance.
- Fill in acne scars – If you have acne scars, you may be able to have them filled in with fillers, giving your skin a smoother appearance.
- Under eye fillers – If you have dark circles or puffiness under your eyes, you might be able to reduce the shadowing and give you a brighter appearance by using fillers.
Fillers can provide a range of aesthetic benefits. One way to look younger and more attractive is to use appropriate filler to enhance your appearance and address concerns such as age, facial symmetry, and more.
If you’re considering cosmetic fillers in Ajax, visit the experts to get the best experience and results that last longer!